Have you ever noticed that people learn or comprehend things in different ways, methods, or styles? What learning style do you feel you are better able to understand? Do you learn better from reading information in a text book, hands-on experience, or having someone explain it to you? Or have you ever even thought about it? Have you ever considered the learning style of your child, how his/her teacher chooses to teach, does your child’s school curriculum allow them to be educated in the same style?
Perhaps these are questions you have never stopped to consider. But when it comes to your education or your child’s education, learning styles are something to consider. Whether your education comes from a private school or public school, if you are able to identify your best learning style and understand that it is easier for you, or your child, to learn by a specific method these things you can help you work with your teachers to make sure you get the most out of what is being taught.
We are starting a new series on learning styles and methods that are interesting and have a lot of useful information.
When thinking about your childs education have you ever considered a charter school? Or are you even aware of what a charter school is? What is the difference between public schools, magnet schools, and charter schools? In our recent post we talked about magnet schools. Now I would just like to point out a few benefits of charter schools.
- All students have opportunities for quality education
- Parents and students are offered another choice for public education
- Teachers and administrators are given room to be creative in helping students learn
- Charter schools have to be accountable for their performance
- Teachers are allowed to try innovative teaching methods
- Involvement by parents and the community in education are encouraged
- Smaller school and class size, providing lower student/teacher ratios
- Teachers choose to work at charter schools so they are committed to the school’s mission
Click here to learn more about charter schools.
We hear stories about the teacher who gets sued because something happened to a child during class time. Whether the cause is due to the teacher being distracted, under-trained, etc…it’s all tragic.
I found an article for first aid training that is worth a read. It has ideas on where to go to find information, classes, and more. If you’re working with children – it’s always a good idea to get CPR certified.
It’s easy to learn – it just takes time.
Enjoy the article and good luck.