People who live in the United States have one of the greatest opportunities there are in life, this opportunity is education. Not only do Americans have the opportunity to obtain an education but they are also given a number of choices in the way they wish to receive this education. People in America have the choice whether they want to go to Public School, Private School, Charter School, Christian School, Magnet School, or even be homeschooled. We have had many blog posts offering comparisons of these different options. Today, I would like to take just a moment to compare the advantages of Public Schools versus private schools and homeschools.
A few advantages of Public School vs. Private School:
- Transportation is often included for no additional cost.
- No tuition costs.
- Choice of Public, Magnet, or Charter School.
- Strict teacher certification rules.
- Special programs and funding for disabilities and more.
A few advantages of Public School vs. Homeschool:
- Have a large range of socioeconomic and different backgrounds.
- Have students with a range of abilities and talents.
- Number of children in classroom.
- Funding for equipment and activities.
- Funding at high school levels allows for sports, arts, and technical programs.
- Offer a wide variety of social clubs, activities, and sports.
Every person, every family, and every situation is different. What works for one person may not work for another. These articles are provided so you can make an informed decision on what may work best for your family and your situation. The important thing is that we continue to educate our children and ourselves.